Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Shi Yazhi Sage Gallery & Studio

For those who don't follow me on Facebook, I am announcing that we finally did it! We opened our own gallery in Old Town - Albuquerque, New Mexico. I was just reviewing my past posts and come to realize that it has been a while since I wrote anything! I apologize for that, because I have been keeping our FB follows up to date with our store front. I'll do my best to keep updating this blog. Thank you for following.

We are now Shi Yazhi Sage Gallery & Studio. It is the place where we show and sell Gert's work, my work, as well as others and other arts and crafts. You can find us now at:

Shi Yazhi Sage Gallery & Studio
323 Romero St. NW
Suite #6
Albuquerque, NM 87104
(505) 243-9716
www.shiyazhisagegallery.com

It has been a whirl wind of events since about September 2017. Gert and I came to the conclusion that we needed to make some career changes for me in the upcoming months. In the process we explored the idea of finally opening our own gallery. After much research and planning we decided in November 2017 we can do it. More importantly, we decided that it is time to do it - if we don't try it now, we won't do it ever. We sought out the property and funding. It did seem like a long time in the process of acquiring all the necessary items to get it going, but looking back now it was quick. Things seemed to just fall into place for us. - a blessing that we recognize.

We opened doors only a few days ago on March 1, 2018. With the help of many good friends, we had a good showing on opening day and a good showing in the art presented. In doing so we scrapped the idea of traveling to Phoenix, Arizona for the Heard Museum show as well.

This week really is our first week in business. We have a Grand Opening planned for May 14, 2018. At this time all of our artists should have work here and may be present too. Put it on your calendar and come see us. Check out the pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment