Thursday, April 28, 2016

Shi Yazi Sage Gallery

Greetings everyone! I have been spending much time on the backbone of the Shi Yazhi Sage Gallery project; business plan, inventory, accounting, etc. My painting has come to a halt. No fear though, I plan to start a painting today! I was thinking about going back to recreate an old favorite entitled "Morning Blessings'.  Of  course the colors and arrangement will be completely different but the concept the same.

For those new followers, my painting career began with the drawing of this face. Although it has evolved over 30 years, the face is still recognizable. If you are able to find the 2000 Gallup Inter-tribal Ceremonial Poster, you will find my painting with this face. There have been many questions about the face; is it a mask? is it part of the Japanese? etc. The face I created way back in 1990 is one of two characteristics, spiritual and physical. The spiritual is that the image represents the human being and the physical represents the Native American. These paintings help us teach many things about our culture.

I have not completed one of these paintings in such a long time, I am excited to work on it. I will keep you informed of its progress.

Shi Yazhi Sage Gallery has new merchandise. Our jewelry line is growing and seems to be getting the most views. Our hand bags are selling well too. Click on our link at the beginning of this paragraph to see the full website. Here is a glimpse of the hand bags.



I hope to hear from you soon. 

Daniel 


No comments:

Post a Comment